14 Ways To Maintain Your Drainage System And Keep It Blockage Free
One Truly Inconveniencing Domestic Problem Is A Clogged Drainage, Especially If It Occurs Unexpectedly. Clogged drains can mean leakage and poor quality because of water left sitting for too long. Maintenance can be used to avoid situations such as these.
Anything from a build - up of debris, grease, tree roots or other small obstructions can lead to drain blockage. Sometimes, your pipework may be obstruction - free but there could be huge clogs in the main lines
Stick To The Following 14 Tips To Keep It From Being A Problem In The First Place
1. A plunger is effective against minor clogs. Use it.
2. Clean out debris in the drain by raising up the stoppers in your bathtub. Don't forget to wash the stopper before putting it back in the drain.
3. If You Shed A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure You Put A Mesh Over The Bath Or Sink Drain Before Washing It. It is vital to ensure that hair doesn't enter the drainage system, for the same reasons that you prevent food from going down the kitchen sink.
4. To prevent hair from falling into your tubs, brush your hair before you get in so that you get rid of the loose hair before washing or bathing.
5. Get a plumber to professionally install covers or debris catchers over your drains. Do Not Use Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaners On Your Drains.
6. To prevent root intrusions in your pipelines or clogging, don't plant trees or flowers close to your drainage systems.
7. You should have an annual contract with a drainage company so they can conduct inspections regularly and help service your drains. Drainage Cumbria is a fine example of companies that offer this service in Cumbria. You should discuss the importance of taking care or your drains with your family.
8. Do not use chemical cleaners on your drains to keep them strong. In the long term, their corrosive action damage your pipes.
9. Don't Put Your Waste Or Any Object In Your Drains. Dumping materials into it is a no - no.
10. Avoid putting grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medications, cosmetics, and other such substances down the drain.
11. The only thing that belongs in your drain is water and for your toilet; urine and faeces.
12. Get A Wire Coat Hanger, Make It Straight, Then Bend One End Of It To Form A Hook, Slip The Hooked End Past Your Drain Cover And Use It To Fish Gunk Out From Your Drain.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. There are many other ways to maintain your drains, some which work, and some which don't. But, just ensure you avoid acidic solutions.
If you currently have drainage problem's in your home and nothing on the list has worked so far, don't force it, otherwise you could worsen the situation. Instead, get in touch with a qualified plumber quickly. If you are a Cumbria resident, you can always count on Drainage Cumbria to put a smile on your face.